Archive for March, 2012
post by – Inside Edge
- You’re stronger than you think you are.
- Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you’re one step closer to your goal.
- There is nothing to hold you back except you.
- You can press forward long after you can’t. It’s a matter of wanting it bad enough.
- No matter how much progress you make there will always be the people who insist that whatever you’re trying to do is impossible.
- You are limited only by your own imagination. Let it fly.
- Perception is reality.
- Your instincts can be trusted.
- There is only one question to ask yourself: “What would you do if you were not afraid?”
- It’s often hard to tell just how close you are to success.
The action habit — the habit of putting ideas into action now — is essential to getting things done.
1. Don’t wait until conditions are perfect
If you’re waiting to start until conditions are perfect, you probably never will.The best time to start was last year. The second best time is right now.
2. Be a doer
Practice doing things rather than thinking about them. By becoming a doer you’ll get more done and stimulate new ideas in the process.
3. Remember that ideas alone don’t bring success
Ideas are important, but they’re only valuable after they’ve been implemented. One average idea that’s been put into action is more valuable than a dozen brilliant ideas that you’re saving for “some other day” or the “right opportunity”.
4. Use action to cure fear
Action is the best cure for fear. The most difficult time to take action is the very first time. After the ball is rolling, you’ll build confidence and things will keep getting easier.
5. Start your creative engine mechanically
If you need to write something, force yourself to sit down and write. Put pen to paper. Brainstorm. Doodle. By moving your hands you’ll stimulate the flow of ideas and inspire yourself.
6. Live in the present
Focus on what you can do in the present moment. Don’t worry about what you should have done last week or what you might be able to do tomorrow. The only time you can affect is the present.
7. Get down to business immediately
By becoming someone who gets to the point you’ll be more productive and people will look to you as a leader.
You have 100% chance of failling things you don’t try.
– Wayne Gretzky*
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
The only man who never makes mistakes is the man that never does anything.
– Theodore Roosevelt
If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you will be unhappy for the rest of your life.
– A. Maslow
Remember, hapiness doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think.
– Dale Carnegie
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
As long as you depend on something, you can never be strongest
Everyone knew that it was impossible to do. One day, someone who did not know showed up and did it.
– Winston Churchill
There are two rules for success:
1) Never tell people everything you know
Read the rest of this entry »
Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.
One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs.
His bed was next to the room’s only window
The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.
The men talked for hours on end.
They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation.. Read the rest of this entry »
Another good video (ad for legendary)
Look me in the eye
Look me in the eye.
It’s ok if you’re scared. So am i.
But we are scared for different reasons.
I’m scared of what i won’t become and you scared of what i could become.
LOOK AT ME
I won’t let my self end where i started.
I Won’t let myself finish where i began
I know what is within me, even if you can’t see it yet.
Look me in the eyes.
I have something more important then courage.
I have patience, I will become what i know i am.
If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.
Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
George Smith Patton
Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”
The 1st rule is you will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the duration of your time here on Earth. And a lot of us take that for granted, but some people take better care of their cars than they do their bodies. Some people respect their bodies and some people abuse their bodies.
Some people just tolerate their body and other people actually honor their bodies. When you see someone who honors their body, its as if they’ve established a relationship with it that is based on respect and care and dignity and a real partnership between ones spirit and ones body. Part of the goal of rule #1 is to be able to formulate that partnership because it is the only relationship that you’ll have from birth to death that will endure.
Dr. Cherie Carter-Scott
Self Discipline weighs ounces, Regrets weigh tonnes. Attempting to implement discipline takes time and effort but the rewards are high.
How are you doing on your journey? Follow Your bliss and the Universe will open doors where there were only walls.
- I know i’m different, rather I’ve deviate from what you perceive as the norm. You see no justification in my actions. But all the comments, criticisms, and the thoughts that I know are going through your mind faze me not one bit. They have a profound effect on what I do to prove you wrong in every way. To take what I have already done to the extreme. Because no matter how many ‘here’s why’ speeches I give or how wide I try to open your eyes you just won’t see it. Because you see me, just me, the ‘now’ me. Not what I have done and been through to stand only a few steps into the path I have created for myself. You can’t and never will see what I’m dreaming, visualizing, and creating. But one day, through all the stress, and struggle, the countless hours, long nights, early mornings, and keeping my head in the game so I stay on the path of increase. One day it WILL be, maybe then you’ll see, maybe then you’ll understand. -m
- It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
- People ask why I train so much and eat like I do all the time. Well the answer is simple: I will not allow somebody with twice the genetics and half the determination be better than me
- It’s Consistency. It’s like building a house. Everyday I am putting a brick on my wall.
- “Trained, threw up, kept training.. thats how we do it – Team Bring It (rinsing mouth out is optional)” -Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
- The mind is the battleground.
It is the place where the greatest conflict is.
It’s wearing you down.
It’s where half of the things you thought were going to happen, never did happen, but If you allow those thoughts to dwell in your mind, it will succeed in robbing you of peace, robbing of your joy, robbing you of your life, just because you thought yourself in to a nervous breakdown, you thought yourself in to depression, you thought yourself self in to defeat.
The warfare is in your mind. Its not in your cheque book, it’s not in your savings account, it’s not in your job.
The fight you’ve got to fight is in your mind.
The mind is the battleground;
…the fight is in your mind.
- Too often we are scared.
Scared of what we might not be able to do.
Scared of what people might think if we tried.
We let our fears stand in the way of our hopes.
We say no when we want to say yes.
We sit quietly when we want to scream.
And we shout with the others,
when we should keep our mouths shut.
we do only go around once.
There’s really no time to be afraid.
Try something you’ve never tried.
Enter a triathlon.
Write a letter to the editor.
Demand a raise.
Call winners at the toughest court.
Throw away your television.
Bicycle across the United States.
Speak out against the designated hitter.
Travel to a country where you don’t speak the language.
You have nothing to lose
everything to gain.
JUST DO IT.