29 life lessons learned in traveling the world for 8 years straight
1. Everyone everywhere basically wants the same thing
2. Deferring your happiness to the future is a terrible idea
3. “Someday my ship will come in” is bull****. You will NEVER win the lottery. Be practical.
4. There’s no such thing as destiny. This is excellent news!
5. Seek out people with different beliefs and views of the world to yours and get to know their side of the story
6. Living a good life is the best way possible to convince people
7. Nobody has it all figured out
8. There’s no shame in saying “I don’t know”
9. More money will NEVER solve your problems
10. Possessions own you
11. TV is the greatest black hole of time available to mankind
12. The Internet is the greatest tool ever available to us, but daily use must be capped
13. Get outside and do something with other people
14. Speaking only English is incredibly limiting to non-tourist travelers
15. Modern foreign culture does not have to satisfy your stereotypes
16. Take your time
17. You can’t please everyone
18. Trying to be cool or following trends is for mindless sheep
19. Make mistakes – and LOTS of them!
20. Wear sunscreen
21. Stop thinking so much and act
22. Dance and sing whenever possible
23. Making new friends is easy and so is appreciating your current ones
24. You don’t know what you’ve got ’till its gone
25. Swallow your pride and apologise
26. Doing anything specifically to impress people is stupid
27. People are not alone in being alone
28. Love isn’t “all” you need, but if you don’t have it in some form, your life will be very empty
29. The most important lessons in life can never be expressed in black and white, but must be experienced
There are 2 types of people in the world. Ones who wait for opportunities and ones who make their own opportunities and seek out on their own. the latter are the ones who make their own life. live life on their own terms and live life how THEY want to.
No one got to where they were without brick walls or stumbles along the way.
You are your own driving engine. YOU are Your own brake. YOU are the only one who can determine your own fate.
Inspirational pep talk from old wwe wrestler the ultimate warrior. Applies to everything.